The ideal climate coupled with the provision of services of high standard create excellent conditions for film productions on the island, which is an open-air natural set, “THE ALL IN ONE FILMING DESTINATION”, thanks to:
- Its unique geographical location in proximity to Europe, the Middle East and Africa;
- Its ideal climate, combining sunshine and low rainfall;
- A diverse landscape of natural coastal and mountain beauty, traditional villages and modern cities, all in close proximity;
- Low crime rate and conditions of security;
- Highly qualified workforce;
- Professionals in the audiovisual field;
- Great hospitality translated into satisfactory living conditions;
- Excellent infrastructure, especially in the sector of telecommunications and other services;
- Widespread use of English and other European languages.
An attractive package of financial incentives and other measures, both for Cypriot and foreign productions, is currently being considered and is expected to be approved in the near future. The incentives will further promote film productions on the island and the development of the film industry.