Minor Co-Productions Scheme
The program applies exclusively to the category of Feature Fiction Films and Documentaries of a 60’ minimum duration.
Applications open three to four times a year, during the months of February, May, July and November.
The program aims to connect Cypriot and European producers with filmmakers and producers from third countries, through co-productions. The following Films qualify for participation:
Α. International Co-productions, from member-states of the Council of Europe or countries with which Cyprus has signed a bilateral agreement, in which the Cypriot co-producer shall participate with a minimum percentage of 10%.
Β. Co-productions with third countries who have ratified the European Convention on Cinematographic Co- productions, where the Cypriot Co-producer may participate with a minimum percentage of 5%.
Note: Once the European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production is ratified (Rotterdam30.1.2017) the aforementioned rates shall be amended in order to be in line with the above Convention.
- The application is submitted to the Cinema Section of the Dept. of Modern & Contemporary Culture through a Cyprus-registered production company
- The application must meet at least three of the eligibility criteria of the cultural test.
- State participation may amount up to €120.000 and cannot exceed 25% of the total budget of the film.
- State participation shall be determined according to the financial capabilities of the Fund
- Basic prerequisite according to which the intensity of aid shall be determined:
- The number of Cypriot contributors participating in the film’s production (Production or Post Prod)
- The days of filming in Cyprus (minimum 1 week)
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE REFER TO THE FUNDING PROGRAMMES REGULATION FOR THE SUPPORT OF CINEMATOGRAPHIC FILMS CHAPTER E “Minor Coproduction” (page 51)